Havana, May 18 (RHC)-- Lawyers and legal experts from 27 countries have gathered here in Havana for the 8th Forum on International Law and Justice.
Sponsored by the Association of Cuban Jurists and the University of Havana Law School, the event promotes debate and exchanges on legal experiences and practices related to such issues as labor law, trade litigation and financial crime, among others.
Rubén Remigio Ferro, President of the Cuban Supreme Court, told reporters that the Havana forum has awakened interest all around the world. Participants include the presidents of the Russian Supreme Court, Vyacheslav M. Lebedev, and of the Venezuelan Supreme Court Gladys M. Gutierrez, as well as Italian Attorney General Pier Luigi Maria.
Other world personalities also on hand include the Elías Carranza, President of the United Nations Latin American Institute for the Prevention of Crime and the Treatment of Offenders and Eugenio Raúl Zaffaroni, an outstanding scholar and judge of the Inter-American Human Rights Court.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2212
- online: 203
- total: 3859073