Havana, June 15 (RHC)-- Cuba reiterated at the United Nations that international cooperation and the countries' shared responsibility is the best and only way to address the migration issue.
Claudia Pérez, an adviser with the Cuban permanent mission before Geneva-based UN agencies, participated Tuesday in an interactive dialogue on the issue. She lamented the fact that in the course of ongoing multilateral trade negotiations, no judicial regulations have been included to protect the rights of migratory workers.
The Cuban diplomat denounced the prevailing restrictive immigration and labor policies, racism and xenophobia in rich countries.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 1558
- online: 81
- total: 4379544