Havana, July 8 (RHC)-- Chaired by President Raul Castro, the mid-year session of the Cuban National Assembly of People's Power approved Friday an updated version of the nation's Social and Economic Guidelines, setting the path for development up to the year 2021.
The guidelines, originally approved by the 6th Communist Party Congress in 2011, were submitted to a thorough, three-day analysis by the lawmakers.
In presenting the draft update, the president of the Parliament's Constitutional and Legal Affairs, Jose Luis Toledo, proposed that the new version be studied by all state and government agencies and by the general population.
A total of 274 guidelines for national development during the 2016-2021 period were passed by the Assembly. They cover all economic and social sectors. The updated document is a follow up on the implementation of the 2011 guidelines.
For several days, the lawmakers gathered in 10 standing committees held debates on the key issues of Cuban economy and society, the future of the country and the challenges it faces.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 28 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6447
- today: 4081
- online: 224
- total: 8044068