The Cuban movie, La película de Ana (Ana’s Film), by late Cuban filmmaker, Daniel Díaz Torres, received the Best Film Award at the 7th Ocean Film Festival: Cinema from Mercosur, which wound up at the Punta del Este beach resort in Uruguay.
The film was selected by the audience among 30 productions from various countries of the region. La película de Ana (Ana’s Film) was the grand winner at the 34th International Latin American Film Festival held in Havana in 2012.
The movie is a comedy and drama based on true events, dealing with prostitution, having to do things you don’t believe in, want or like to do in exchange for benefits. It’s the story of an actress forced by circumstances to pretend and play a character-mask that enables her to express very authentic feelings and the truth. Ana’s Film was also awarded the Grand Prix at the 35th Caracol Festival organized by the Audiovisual and Radio Division of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association -UNEAC.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Mexico donates anti-virus vaccines to Latin American countries
- Former Ecuadorian president denounced for supporting coup d'état in Bolivia
- Pedro Castillo declared winner of Peru's presidential elections
- Cuba enterprise will produce mobile telephony towers
- Cuba temporarily suspends acceptance of U.S. dollar cash deposits in banks