Safety for tourists in Cuba is priority
Havana, January 20 (RHC)-- Safety has traditionally been one of the aspects taken into consideration by travelers when selecting their vacation destination. Nowadays, safety has acquired a new meaning. The hygienic and sanitary safety of tourist destinations is essential when making a travel decision.
In Cuba, with the aim of preserving the health and safety of tourists and workers in the industry, the Ministry of Tourism, in conjunction with the Ministry of Public Health, and in accordance with the dictates of the World Health Organization, has conceived the Tourism + Hygienic and Safe Certification (T + HS).
This certification is granted to tourist facilities and services that comply with the strict hygiene-sanitary and security protocols that the T + HS condition sets out. Among them are: the measures that allow maintaining physical distancing, existence of cleaning and disinfection means for hands and surfaces, daily health and temperature controls of tourists and workers, clinical-epidemiological surveillance during the stay of clients in hotels and tourist facilities, with the presence of doctors, nurses and hygiene and epidemiology technicians, 24 hours a day.
The certification process is progressing rapidly and in the months since its implementation, 1,543 T + HS certifications have been granted, which respond to a total of 2,164 accommodations, non-hotel, support and administrative facilities that guarantee the safety of those who visit and enjoy them, and those who operate them.
Besides that, regardless of the measures implemented in the tourist facilities and services, the following protocols have been established to be fulfilled by tourists who arrive in Cuba.
* Possessing a negative RT-PCR test result, performed 72 hours before the trip, certified by laboratories in the countries of origin.
* Upon arrival in the country, performing a diagnostic test for COVID-19 RT-PCR, free of charge.
* Having an insurance policy that covers COVID-19 or acquiring it upon arrival in the country, at the airport, for 30 U$D 30 its equivalent in another freely convertible currency.
* Upon arrival at the accommodation facility, mandatory use of the mask until the result of the RT-PCR test is known.
In case of presenting any respiratory symptoms, individuals should contact the health personnel of the facility.
If tested positive for COVID-19:
* If symptomatic, the individual will be transferred to a hospital.
* If asymptomatic or suspicious, the individual will be transferred to a hospital hotel.
For positive case contacts:
* They will remain in the hotel facility in isolation.
* If anyone wishes to extend the stay, the RT-PCR test must be carried out again, at a cost of 30 U$D or its equivalent in another freely convertible currency.
* When returning to the country of origin, one must carry a COVID-19 test. It can be done for the cost of 30 dollars.
In the case of tourists staying in hotel facilities, who require this RT-PCR test for their return to the country of origin, they can request it from the medical staff of the facility where they are, preferably upon arrival at the facility. Payment for the test will be made by magnetic card.
Generating confidence in those who visit us and complying with the new requirements in terms of hygiene, health and safety are priorities of tourist activity here in Cuba.