Five world premieres, three premieres by the company and a reposition are part of the program. The pieces include Concerto, Safe, Preludios de la noche (Preludes of the Night), Sobre un hilo (Hanging from a Thread), El relato (Tale), Retrato (Portrait) —the most successful piece coming out of the latest choreographic workshop held by the ballet ensemble-; SDOS, 3D and Piazzolla X 6.
Choreographers include the Director of the Contemporary Ballet Company Endedans,Tania Vergara, BNC Dance Academy professor Maysabel Pintado and company dancers, Regina Hernández and Lyván Verdecia. Other participants include former company dander, Carlos Luis Medina, who is a professor at the Ballet Conservatory in Toulouse, France; former BNC and current arts university professor dancer Ariadna Suárez; Cuban Ballet School graduate, Juan Carlos Hernández, and Cuban Ballet School graduate and Contemporary Dance Ensemble dancer, Raúl Reinoso.
Zoltan26/08/2014 12:28 am
Dear Ms. Alonso, I hope you receive this e-mail. I danced with Erik Bruhn, Richard Gibson, Gelsey Kirkland--before Baryshnikov, and Christine Hennesey. I am sure you know who these people are . Please contact me--I am like you--world class. And I would like to help make Ballet National De Cuba--a world class company like ABT or Mariinsky. Best, Zoltan (Harkness, National of Canada, and Royal Winnipeg)
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Basketball: Cuba beats USA for the first time in more than 50 years
- Irish Senate votes to impose sanctions on Israel, prevent U.S. weapons from crossing its airspace
- Eleventh Congress of the Federation of Cuban Women is being prepared in Cuba
- New York jury finds ex-NRA chief Wayne LaPierre used group’s money to fund lavish lifestyle
- Argentinean governors reject Milei's suppression of funds