Cuban singer-songwriter, Silvio Rodríguez, will give a concert in Old Havana’s Saint Francis of Assisi Square on January 19th.
The concert will celebrate the 15th anniversary of the city’s historic section’s Habana Radio station and the 55th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution. The performance, set for six p.m., is part of a tour of various neighborhoods that the troubadour has been involved in for more than three years.
Rodríguez will be joined by percussionist, Oliver Valdés; pianist Jorge Aragón; counter bassist, Jorge Reyes and vibraphonist Emilio Vega, as well as by singer Ivette Cepeda and her band Reflexión.
With more than twenty albums in four decades of artistic career, Silvio Rodríguez is currently one of the best known Cuban musicians and singers in the country and abroad. A founding member of the so called New Song Movement, along with Pablo Milanés, Noel Nicola and Vicente Feliú, Rodriguez has shared the stage with renowned figures of the island’s and the world’s music scene.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 641
- online: 175
- total: 4083364