The concert will celebrate the 15th anniversary of the city’s historic section’s Habana Radio station and the 55th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution. The performance, set for six p.m., is part of a tour of various neighborhoods that the troubadour has been involved in for more than three years.
Rodríguez will be joined by percussionist, Oliver Valdés; pianist Jorge Aragón; counter bassist, Jorge Reyes and vibraphonist Emilio Vega, as well as by singer Ivette Cepeda and her band Reflexión.
With more than twenty albums in four decades of artistic career, Silvio Rodríguez is currently one of the best known Cuban musicians and singers in the country and abroad. A founding member of the so called New Song Movement, along with Pablo Milanés, Noel Nicola and Vicente Feliú, Rodriguez has shared the stage with renowned figures of the island’s and the world’s music scene.
Guadalupe Salguero11/11/2014 07:39 pm
Uno de mis más grandes deseos es poder ver a Silvio en concierto nuevamente. Humildemente les pido de favor que me manden unas lineas diciéndome si tiene algun concierto en la Havana entre el 9 y el 17 de este Diciembre. Gracias anticipadas.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Irish Senate votes to impose sanctions on Israel, prevent U.S. weapons from crossing its airspace
- Eleventh Congress of the Federation of Cuban Women is being prepared in Cuba
- New York jury finds ex-NRA chief Wayne LaPierre used group’s money to fund lavish lifestyle
- U.S. refuses to assure UK judges that Julian Assange won’t be executed
- Artisanal perfumes in the heart of the Havana Cigar Festival