Acosta Danza, directed by international dance star, Cuba’s Carlos Acosta, will pay tribute to Fidel Castro on Wednesday, December 7th at Havana’s Grand Theater.
Tocororo Suite, a version of the 2003 piece Tococoro: A Cuban Tale, choreographed by the Cuban ballet star, will pay homage to the historical Cuban Revolutionary leader’s sensitivity which elevated dance to the Summit of national culture. The opening night of Tocororo: A Cuban Tale in 2003, that starred Carlos Acosta and Veronica Corveas and featured a mixture of contemporary and classical dance, was attended by then President Fidel Castro.
With the Wednesday, December 7th show to pay tribute to Fidel Castro Acosta Danza starts a season scheduled to wind up on Sunday, December 11th, showcasing world premieres of pieces, such as Hokiri by French choreographer, Mickael Marso, and Babbel 2.0, by Catalonya’s María Rovira.
At the same time the audiences are set to enjoy a choreographic jewel titled Fauno by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, and the pas de deux of Derrumbe by Cuban choreographer, Miguel Altunaga, danced on the island for the first time.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 202
- online: 90
- total: 4486054