Nicolas Dorr and Gerardo Fulleda were presented the National Theater Award for 2014 at a ceremony in Havana’s Bertolt Brecht Cultural Center on the occasion of Cuban Theater Day.
Two important figures on the island’s contemporary stage, Dorr and Fulleda attended a dramaturgy seminar in the 1960’s which favored the emergence of playwrights in Cuba at that time. Nicolás Dorr is a defender of comedy as an essential genre in national theater, while Fulleda’s works are aimed at rescuing history and recovering the identity and true values of the Cuban spirit.
When he was only 14 years old, Nicolás Dorr premiered one of his most famous pieces Las Pericas, considered a milestone in national theater, which took him to the top of the island’s scene as Cuba’s most successful youngest playwright and theater director at that time. Fulleda has written and staged more than 20 plays in Cuba and other countries, won the Casa con Chago de Guisa Award in 1989, and is a devoted Cuban performing arts researcher.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 15, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 14, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 13, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 12, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 10, 2020
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6588
- today: 4880
- online: 268
- total: 8340017