Cuban musician Eduardo Ramos Montes, who composed emblematic tunes, such as Canción de los CDR, A los héroes and Su nombre es pueblo, passed away in Havana.
Part of the Cuban Film Institute’s Experimental Sound Band in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, Eduardo Ramos had a long musical and cultural career. A composer, arranger, bassist and guitarist, Ramos was born in Havana on October 20th, 1946 and studied at the Ignacio Cervantes Professional School. He later join the emblematic Cuban Film Institute’s Sound Experiment Band that set a milestone in the New Song Movement.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3202
- today: 3101
- online: 129
- total: 5544080