Walking the Caribbean that unites us is the title of the exhibition that has gathered 18 Cuban artists in Havana’s José Martí Memorial.
Aimed at rescuing their Caribbean identity, sometimes blurred by their Spanish or African ancestry, photographer and filmmaker, Roberto Chile, has curated the exhibition in which various creators show their visions of a region full of color, movement, magic, poetry, history and temperament.
People from the Caribbean islands, including Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Barbados and others emigrated to Cuba, bringing their dances, songs and idiosyncrasies to enrich Cuban culture.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #6 Sept. 16
- RHC's program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup Sept. 16
- A plot against the Roman Catholic Pope!
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3495
- today: 1666
- online: 150
- total: 6369728