Walking the Caribbean that unites us is the title of the exhibition that has gathered 18 Cuban artists in Havana’s José Martí Memorial.
Aimed at rescuing their Caribbean identity, sometimes blurred by their Spanish or African ancestry, photographer and filmmaker, Roberto Chile, has curated the exhibition in which various creators show their visions of a region full of color, movement, magic, poetry, history and temperament.
People from the Caribbean islands, including Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Barbados and others emigrated to Cuba, bringing their dances, songs and idiosyncrasies to enrich Cuban culture.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 1659
- online: 119
- total: 4832393