A Greek Film Festival kicked off in Havana's La Rampa movie theater on April 4th.
The selection, which is being enjoyed by Cuban audiences until April 13 for the first time, includes movies shot in the 1980s and 1990s, including comedies, dramas and musicals, and are being screened between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
The program opened with the movie Rembetiko by Costas Ferris. The festival included the screening of the popular classical comedy entitled Street walking and camouflage (1984), directed by Nicos Perakis, on the life of a group of young soldiers during military service in 1967-68. During the Festival, Greek film lovers are also enjoying movies by Costas Kapakas and Dimitris Panayiotato.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- European Union Urges Israel to Stop Building Illegal Settlements
- Financial Giant Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million for Creating Phony Accounts and Credit Cards
- Cuban tourism is secure and on the rise
- 60th Anniversary of the Landing of the Granma
- Excerpts of Speech by Cuban President Raul Castro, December 3rd, Santiago de Cuba