The US-Cuba Artist Exchange project is coordinating several actions in the area of culture, including different art forms.
Project Coordinator, Mariesa Ryan, says that visual arts, music, trova and hip hop are the most favored by the group's actions. Artists and performers from Cuba and the United States make up the non-governmental, nonprofit organization US-Cuba Artist Exchange aimed at promoting art cooperation programs and cultural exchanges between the two nations.
Exchanges include workshops, concerts, music performances and murals on facades of communities in cities visited by project members.Supported by the provincial branches of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association (UNEAC), the cultural movement is aimed at creating cultural links and break down economic, information and language barriers between the different art forms.
The project’s most visible sample is located in neighborhoods in Cienfuegos, such as La Juanita and Punta Gorda, as well as in facades in some of the main avenues in the city of Minneapolis in the United States. In Cuba, the artists main focus are Trinidad, Cienfuegos, Santiago de Cuba and Havana
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3246
- today: 2702
- online: 160
- total: 5747616