The US-Cuba Artist Exchange project is coordinating several actions in the area of culture, including different art forms.
Project Coordinator, Mariesa Ryan, says that visual arts, music, trova and hip hop are the most favored by the group's actions. Artists and performers from Cuba and the United States make up the non-governmental, nonprofit organization US-Cuba Artist Exchange aimed at promoting art cooperation programs and cultural exchanges between the two nations.
Exchanges include workshops, concerts, music performances and murals on facades of communities in cities visited by project members.Supported by the provincial branches of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association (UNEAC), the cultural movement is aimed at creating cultural links and break down economic, information and language barriers between the different art forms.
The project’s most visible sample is located in neighborhoods in Cienfuegos, such as La Juanita and Punta Gorda, as well as in facades in some of the main avenues in the city of Minneapolis in the United States. In Cuba, the artists main focus are Trinidad, Cienfuegos, Santiago de Cuba and Havana
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 3059
- online: 125
- total: 5044223