The US-Cuba Artist Exchange project is coordinating several actions in the area of culture, including different art forms.
Project Coordinator, Mariesa Ryan, says that visual arts, music, trova and hip hop are the most favored by the group's actions. Artists and performers from Cuba and the United States make up the non-governmental, nonprofit organization US-Cuba Artist Exchange aimed at promoting art cooperation programs and cultural exchanges between the two nations.
Exchanges include workshops, concerts, music performances and murals on facades of communities in cities visited by project members.Supported by the provincial branches of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association (UNEAC), the cultural movement is aimed at creating cultural links and break down economic, information and language barriers between the different art forms.
The project’s most visible sample is located in neighborhoods in Cienfuegos, such as La Juanita and Punta Gorda, as well as in facades in some of the main avenues in the city of Minneapolis in the United States. In Cuba, the artists main focus are Trinidad, Cienfuegos, Santiago de Cuba and Havana
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 697
- online: 88
- total: 5954303