The Cuban National Ballet Company is set to tour Spain as of September 16, headed by ensemble’s director and ballet legend, Cuban prima ballerina assoluta and choreographer Alicia Alonso.
Alonso, who will turn 95 on September 21, has said that the Spanish tour will begin at El Canal Theater in Madrid, where the troupe is set to dance until October 4. The program that consists of seven performances in the Spanish capital includes the ballets Les Sylphides, Celeste and Carmen.
The ensemble will later travel to Cuenca, Pamplona, Bilbao and Burgos as of October 7th with the same program. The last leg of tour will be at Leon, Zamora, Palencia, Oviedo, Barcelona, Soria and Aranda del Duero, winding up in San Sebastian on November 7. The Cuban National Ballet Company travels to Spain once or twice a year. Halfway through the Spanish tour, the BNC will travel to Oman to hold a performance at the Muscat Opera House.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 2415
- online: 205
- total: 3851028