The Cuban National Ballet Company, directed by dance legend Alicia Alonso, will be in Germany with premier dancer Yanela Piñera and principal Camilo Ramos at the 20th International Ballet Gala set for September 27 and 28 at the Grand Opera House in the city of Dortmund.
The Cuban dancers will perform the pas de deux of Le Corsair, choreographed by Alicia Alonso after Marius Petipa, score by Riccardo Drigo and costume designs by Salvador Fernandez. In the two shows, the Cuban dancers will share the stage with figures of the San Francisco Ballet, the Royal Ballet of London, the Staatsballet of Berlin, the National Ballet of Norway, and other important companies.
In other news, Cuban Ballet Company choreographer Eduardo Blanco is working in Honduras, at the San Pedro de Sula Art School, at the invitation by the art center authorities. The Cuban National Ballet Company will be hosting Havana’s 24th International Ballet Festival from October 28th through November 6th, with guest companies, dancers, critics and fans from all over the world.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Cuba: First Latin American COVID-19 vaccine begins final medical trial
- UK hunts for mystery carrier of Brazil variant
- Europe calls for a world caravan against the blockade of Cuba
- Iran rules out talks with U.S and EU to discuss nuclear deal revival
- MEP rejects blockade and media campaigns against Cuba