Renowned Cuban photographer and documentary maker, Roberto Chile, is scheduled to show his exhibition Somos at the Cuban Art Space in New York.
The Cuban Art Space at New York’s Center for Cuban Studies will open the Cuban exhibition as of June 9th, featuring the intimacy of daily life on the island. According to curators, Somos or We are in Spanish, “dignifies common men with a special mastery and sensitivity, leaving the audience dazzled with images that reveal stories of life of people who live in Guanabacoa and other Cuban regions, which were the destiny of black slaves on the island, and are today settlements of successive generations of people who work, study, love, suffer and dream with passion and courage in today’s Cuba.” The exhibition is made up of 40 colored and black and white photographs taken by Chile between 2010 and 2015 in areas of Cuba.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2925
- today: 779
- online: 111
- total: 5650784