Havana, December 7 (RHC-ACN) Las Tunas beat 11-4 Industriales on Wednesday, thus becoming the first team to reach 50 victories in the 57th Cuban National Baseball Series.
Five batters of the leader of this second stage scored a multi-hit game, with highlight to 2B Yunior Paumier who hit 4 for 5 with one RBI, while lefty Yudiel Rodriguez achieved his tenth win of the season.
Thus, Las Tunas kept its advantage of one game over Matanzas, who with praiseworthy pitching performance by right-hander Alexander Hernandez defeated 6-4 Granma, defending champion.
The winning side totaled 10 hits, including home runs by LF Ariel Sanchez and 3B Yurisbel Gracial, the latter was the match best batter by hitting 2 for 3, with three RBIs, while CF Roel Santos blasted two solo homers by Granma.
The loss went to the ace Lazaro Blanco, who allowed 6 runs and nine hits in 6.1 innings.
Finally, Pinar del Río now appear 2.5 games behind Granma, who rank fourth in the standings, last seat earning a ticket to postseason, after winning 9-6 over Artemisa.
Right-hander Vladimir Baños won and Raidel Martinez earned the save, while 1B William Saavedra offensively shone when hitting 2 for 4, including double, homer, four RBIs and two runs scored.
After those results, Las Tunas maintained a game of advantage over Matanzas and are followed by Industriales (7.5), Granma (8.0), Pinar del Río (10.5) and Artemisa (13.0).
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 2157
- online: 138
- total: 4611083