Havana, December 8 (RHC-ACN) Cuban outside hitter Miguel Angel Lopez appears third among top scorers and leads in service in the Argentine Volleyball League, in which he plays for the Gigantes del Sur club along with his compatriot and setter Adrian Goide.
After five weeks of games this club appears 4th among 11 teams in the standings, mainly thanks to the contribution of the two Caribbean players.
Four other Cubans are enrolled in this league and they are the outside hitter Javier Jimanez, who plays with the Obras de San Juan, while middle blocker Livan Osoria, opposite spiker Dariel Albo and outside hitter Osniel Melgarejo were hired by the UNTREF; the latter, along with Lopez and Goide were members of the Cuban squad that won the silver medal in the U21 World Championship and also ranked third in the U23 WC.
The other Cuban player hired abroad, under the consent of the domestic Volleyball Federation, is the opposite spiker Miguel David Gutierrez, who recently joined the Porto Ravenna Volley, in the Italian League.
Gutierrez is the only one of the seven Cubans hired abroad who is not playing regularly, although it is a worth experience as the Italian League is a more demanding tournament than that of the South American nation.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 2192
- online: 112
- total: 4611118