Guadalajara, Feb 8 (RHC)-- Looking for back-to-back titles, Puerto Rico is scheduled to play the Dominican Republic at the on-going Caribbean Series in Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican state of Jalisco.
The final, on Thursday night, features the two countries that have won the most series in the history of the event. Puerto Rico has 16 championships and the Dominicans own 19, including their most recent in 2012.
The last time Puerto Rico won two in a row was 1992-93.
The Dominicans qualified for their first final since 2014, when they lost to the Hermosillo Naranjeros.
Cuba was eliminated in the semifinals for the second year in a row.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 538
- online: 98
- total: 4950202