Havana, July 9 (RHC) The Cuban National baseball team has completed a series of exhibition matches against a North American team of players drawn from different universities, as part of the preparation to participate in upcoming tournament in Lima, Peru.
With a negative record of 1 win and 4 losses, things do not look very promising for Cuba, although staff and players are confident of their chances to win the gold in the Peruvian Capital.
According to Yosvany Aragon, former pitcher and National Baseball Director in Cuba, becoming champions in Lima would be a boost on the team’s road to Tokyo for the Summer Olympics.
Cuba has three chances for getting a ticket to Tokyo, and tthe players are hoping to get it on their first try at the WBSC Premier 12. July 12, Cuba will be starting a new series of preparation matches, this time against Nicaragua in different cities of that Central American country. These matches are the final opportunity for some of the players to secure a spot in the team.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 2502
- online: 125
- total: 6393803