Lima, July 29 (RHC) - Laina Perez gave the Cuban delegation its first gold medal this Saturday in the Lima 2019 Pan-American Games, after shattering the Pan-American record in the 10 meters air pistol competition and assured a place in the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics. On the same day and modality, 24-year old Sheyla Gonzalez won a bronze medal, in her first regional competition.
Although she did not shine in the qualifying round, advancing 7th with 561 points, Perez dominated the in the Finals and with 237.1 points beat Ecuadorian Andrea Perez and her teammate Sheyla Gonzalez.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 3042
- online: 156
- total: 6654107