Lima, August 26 (RHC) – The gold medals won by Omara Durand, Leinier Savon and Ulicer Aguilera was a great start for the Cuban athletes in the Lima 2019 Special Pan-Am Games.
Durand elevated the number of Gold medals of the Cuban delegation to five this Saturday, after running the 200 m Dash in 23.67 seconds. According to Duran, it was ``a good time given the preparation made to compete in Lima´´.
Leinier Savon, set a new Special Pan-Am record with 6.89 m in the Long Jump, the first of the three events in which he will compete. ``I´m very happy with the result, I wanted to jump further, but a have to save energy for the 100 m and 400 m races. Nevertheless, I improved my personal best and get a medal. ´´
The good news for Cuba in Athletics continued, as Ulicer Aguilera became champion in Javelin Throw with 59.12 m.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 2591
- online: 245
- total: 6763661