Havana, August 28 (RHC) – A total of 10 World Championship medalist will represent Cuba in the next World Wrestling Championship to be celebrated in Nur Sultan, Kazakhstan, from September 14 to September 22.
The Cuban National Wrestling Commission announced, via e-mail, that a total of 12 wrestlers will travel to Nur Sultan, to look for qualifying to the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics.
The Greco-Roman modality will be represented by Ismael Borrero (67kg), Olympic Champion in Rio 2016 and World Champion in Las Vegas 2015; Oscar Pino (130kg), multi-medalist in World Championships; Daniel Gregorich (87), U-23 World Silver medalist; and the new comer Gabriel Rosillo, three-time Pan-Am champions and World Youth champion.
The women´s list will be made by Lianna Montero (53kg), first Cuban female wrestler to win a medal in a World Championship; Yudaris Sanchez, U-23 World champion; Milaymis Marin (76 kg), Youth Olympic champion; and Yusneylis Guzman (50kg), Silver medalist in the Lima 2019 Pan-Am Games.
The Freestyle Wrestling team will be composed by Yowlis Bonne (61kg), reigning World champion; Geandry Garzon (74kg), multi-medalist in World Championships; Alejandro Valdes (65kg); and Yurieski Torreblanca, Pan-Am champion in Lima 2019.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4701
- today: 4474
- online: 153
- total: 6616800