Bogota, July 18 (RHC-PL)-- In an interview with the Colombian newspaper El Nuevo Siglo, retired general, Oscar Naranjo, a member of the delegation of the Colombian government has said that the signing of the peace agreement with the FARC-EP will take place within weeks.
On June 23rd, both sides signed a ceasefire agreement, which includes the terms and guidelines for the bilateral ceasefire and disarmament of the insurgent group. Naranjo added that the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia - People's Army (FARC-EP) must reach agreements on the mechanisms to reintegrate their combatants into civilian life.
Despite this unresolved issue, the final agreement with the FARC-EP will be signed this year, Naranjo said. The peace talks with the FARC-EP started in Cuba in 2012 and as a result, both delegations signed agreements on issues, such as the victims of the conflict, comprehensive rural reform, political participation and fight against drug trafficking.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3811
- today: 246
- online: 115
- total: 6137574