Santiago de Cuba, December 3 (RHC)-- A number of world leaders have arrived in the eastern city of Santiago de Cuba to attend the funeral of the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution Fidel Castro.
President of the Republic of the Congo Denis Sassou Nguesso arrived Friday evening in Santiago de Cuba, where Fidel's ashes will be laid at Santa Ifigenia Cemetery on Sunday morning.
Haiti's Interim President Yocelerme Privert is also in Santiago, where he arrived accompanied by former Haitian President Rene Preval, a long-time friend of Cuba and Fidel Castro.
A delegation from the Republic of Gabon, headed by the President of the country's Senate Lucie Milebou Aubusson, arrived Friday in Cuba to attend Fidel's funeral. The distinguished Gabonese visitors were received in Havana by Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo.
At the time this report was issued, authorities in Santiago were expecting the arrival there of the President of Ethiopia Mulatu Teshome.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 2559
- online: 186
- total: 5754933