Washington, January 6 (RHC)-- Three Republican senators have introduced a bill that would move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem -- an act that Palestinians say would further doom any chance of a negotiated peace.
The bill, introduced by U.S. Senators Ted Cruz, Dean Heller and Marco Rubio, would also recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city. Past presidents have resisted congressional demands to move the embassy to Jerusalem, the final status of which is under negotiation in talks between Israelis and the Palestinians. But Donald Trump has said repeatedly he supports the move.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 24, 2017)
- Authorities of Minnesota Express Support for Cuba in Face of Trump's Anti-Cuba Rhetoric
- United Nations Population Fund Calls Cuba a Benchmark in Latin American Education
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show (June 23, 2017)
- Brexit: A Deal with an Uncertain Future
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 21, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3879
- today: 917
- online: 193
- total: 3324356