Quebec City, January 30 (RHC)-- In Canada, police have arrested two gunmen charged with opening fire at the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec City during evening prayers on Sunday, killing six worshipers and wounding eight others.
Witnesses described gunmen in black launching a coordinated attack on the mosque, opening fire indiscriminately with semi-automatic weapons.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the massacre as an act of terrorism. The mosque has previously been the target of hate crimes. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last June, a pig’s head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 511
- online: 107
- total: 6037698