Quebec City, January 30 (RHC)-- In Canada, police have arrested two gunmen charged with opening fire at the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec City during evening prayers on Sunday, killing six worshipers and wounding eight others.
Witnesses described gunmen in black launching a coordinated attack on the mosque, opening fire indiscriminately with semi-automatic weapons.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the massacre as an act of terrorism. The mosque has previously been the target of hate crimes. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last June, a pig’s head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 859
- online: 114
- total: 5854206