Quebec City, January 30 (RHC)-- In Canada, police have arrested two gunmen charged with opening fire at the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec City during evening prayers on Sunday, killing six worshipers and wounding eight others.
Witnesses described gunmen in black launching a coordinated attack on the mosque, opening fire indiscriminately with semi-automatic weapons.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the massacre as an act of terrorism. The mosque has previously been the target of hate crimes. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan last June, a pig’s head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 370
- online: 115
- total: 6380389