Washington, February 25 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has pledged a "massive” increase in military spending, saying he will implement “the greatest military build-up in American history.”
In a wide-ranging speech on Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) outside Washington, the controversial president vowed to keep his election promises to the American people, including securing the border and fighting terrorism, as well as rebuilding U.S. industry and the country’s military.
Donald Trump said: “We're also making a massive budget request for our beloved military. We will be substantially upgrading all of our military -- offensive, defensive, everything, bigger and better and stronger than ever before. And hopefully, we'll never have to use it, but nobody's gonna mess with us."
“It will be one of the greatest military build-ups in American history. No one will dare question as they have been because we're very depleted, very, very depleted. Sequester. Sequester. Nobody will dare question our military might again. We believe in peace through strength and that's what we will have.”
Trump also repeated his election campaign call for building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and renewed his harsh criticism of the media, describing the press as "fake news." "They (media) are the enemy of the people, because they have no sources. They just make 'em up when there are none."
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 930
- online: 109
- total: 6069394