Washington, February 25 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has pledged a "massive” increase in military spending, saying he will implement “the greatest military build-up in American history.”
In a wide-ranging speech on Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) outside Washington, the controversial president vowed to keep his election promises to the American people, including securing the border and fighting terrorism, as well as rebuilding U.S. industry and the country’s military.
Donald Trump said: “We're also making a massive budget request for our beloved military. We will be substantially upgrading all of our military -- offensive, defensive, everything, bigger and better and stronger than ever before. And hopefully, we'll never have to use it, but nobody's gonna mess with us."
“It will be one of the greatest military build-ups in American history. No one will dare question as they have been because we're very depleted, very, very depleted. Sequester. Sequester. Nobody will dare question our military might again. We believe in peace through strength and that's what we will have.”
Trump also repeated his election campaign call for building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and renewed his harsh criticism of the media, describing the press as "fake news." "They (media) are the enemy of the people, because they have no sources. They just make 'em up when there are none."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2548
- online: 244
- total: 6625439