Caracas, June 15 (RHC-Xinhua)-- In Venezuela, 23 people have been arrested on suspicion of taking part in violent acts in the municipality of Libertador, near Caracas, on Tuesday night.
The Venezuelan Minister for Internal Relations, Justice and Peace, Nestor Reverol, said on his Twitter account that 23 terrorists were arrested "after an intervention in the El Paraiso Residences." According to Reverol, the suspects wounded four security officials as they erected a barricade across a road in the community, west of the capital. During the operation, fire arms and homemade explosives were seized.
Venezuela is in its third month of violent protests by the opposition, which have left at least 70 people dead across the country.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 1333
- online: 103
- total: 5552449