Washington, January 8 (RHC)-- In the United States, the acting director of ICE -- the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency -- says politicians who resist the Trump administration's immigration policies should be arrested and charged with crimes.
Thomas Homan made the comment during an appearance on Fox News -- only one day after California formally declared itself a "sanctuary state" for immigrants. Homan said: "California better hold on tight. They're about to see a lot more special agents, a lot more deportation orders in the state of California. If the politicians in California don't want to protect their communities, then ICE will."
The ICE official's comment came as the Donald Trump administration continues its campaign to force local police officers to cooperate with the federal government's mass deportation plans.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- A pause in the fight over BREXIT
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 1192
- online: 129
- total: 6373235