Washington, January 23 (RHC)-- In the United States, President Trump’s appointee to the federal agency that runs AmeriCorps and other service programs has resigned, after CNN aired a series of comments he made disparaging women, Muslims, Blacks, immigrants, gays, lesbians and trans people.
Carl Higbie is heard in remarks to radio shows -- as recently as 2016 -- saying African-Americans suffer from “lax morality” and that Black women think "breeding is a form of government employment."
According to the reporting and audio clips published by CNN, Higbie had a lengthy track record of making strongly racist and anti-Muslim statements before his appointment. He spoke disparagingly of Islam, saying that he didn’t like Muslims “because their ideology sucks,” and that he was fine if his views caused him to be labeled a racist.
This is not the first round of controversy for Higbie, who worked as the spokesman for pro-Trump super PAC Great America before the 2016 election. During an appearance on Fox News shortly after the election, he defended Trump’s proposed registry of Muslims by citing World War II Japanese-American internment camps.
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3210
- today: 1814
- online: 144
- total: 5942318