Tracking company accidentally reveals locations of secret U.S. military bases (Photo: Democracy Now)
Washington, January 31 (RHC)-- The fitness tracking company Strava has inadvertently revealed highly sensitive U.S. information about secret military bases, when it published maps of the running and exercise routes of its users. The global heatmaps show the running routes of soldiers in and around military bases, including in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and Djibouti.
While some of the bases were already known, others, such as a small compound to the southwest of the U.S. military base Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti, appear to be undisclosed black sites.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11605
- today: 9909
- online: 158
- total: 6997685