Death and destruction spreads through Yemen. Photo: File
Washington, June 6 (RHC)-- The Wall Street Journal reports the Donald Trump administration is considering providing direct U.S. military support toward the Saudi-led offensive to seize control of Yemen’s port city Hudaydah, in what aid groups are warning could worsen the already catastrophic humanitarian crisis in Yemen.
The Journal reports the United Arab Emirates, which is part of the Saudi-led coalition fighting Houthi rebels in Yemen, has appealed to the Trump administration to provide the direct support, which would further expand the United States’ role in the ongoing war that has killed 15,000 civilians, sparked the world’s worst cholera epidemic and pushed the country to the brink of famine.
Eighty percent of the humanitarian aid that is able to reach Yemen comes through the port city of Hudaydah, meaning if the Saudi coalition seizes the city, it could dramatically reduce food, water and medicine in the besieged country.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 9, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 09, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 8, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 08, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6058
- today: 5435
- online: 288
- total: 8314464