U.S. Senate confirms former BP oil defender as top White House lawyer. Photo: Google
Washington, October 17 (RHC)-- The U.S. Senate has confirmed the lawyer who defended oil giant BP from lawsuits over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill as the Donald Trump administration’s top environmental lawyer.
Jeffrey Bossert Clark was approved on a 52-to-45 vote after two Democrats sided with Republicans to confirm him as assistant attorney general for environment and natural resources. Clark has repeatedly challenged the science of climate change, calling it “contestable.”
In other news related to climate change, tens of thousands of people marched in Paris and in other major cities across France, demanding meaningful action on climate change. Thousands more marched in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1931
- online: 113
- total: 5958547