U.S. Senate confirms former BP oil defender as top White House lawyer. Photo: Google
Washington, October 17 (RHC)-- The U.S. Senate has confirmed the lawyer who defended oil giant BP from lawsuits over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill as the Donald Trump administration’s top environmental lawyer.
Jeffrey Bossert Clark was approved on a 52-to-45 vote after two Democrats sided with Republicans to confirm him as assistant attorney general for environment and natural resources. Clark has repeatedly challenged the science of climate change, calling it “contestable.”
In other news related to climate change, tens of thousands of people marched in Paris and in other major cities across France, demanding meaningful action on climate change. Thousands more marched in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 2676
- online: 155
- total: 6634423