Washington, D.C., passes ambitious clean energy bill. Photo: AFP
Washington, December 26 (RHC)-- In Washington, D.C., city lawmakers have voted unanimously on a clean energy bill mandating 100 percent renewable electricity by 2032. The legislation also requires public transportation and fleet vehicles achieve zero carbon emissions by 2045.
The mandate would apply to government buildings in the capital, including the White House. The Donald Trump administration has been blasted by environmental groups for feverishly rolling back emissions limits and other environmental regulations.
And in France, four environmental groups are planning possible legal action against the government for failing to effectively respond to climate change.
Over 1.2 million people had signed an online petition in support of the legal action. The government of French President Emmanuel Macron has come under fire before for its response to the climate crisis.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 435
- online: 189
- total: 7381878