New York, August 15 (RHC)-- On Wall Street, the U.S. stock market took its largest single-day loss since October, with the Dow Jones dropping 800 points — or more than 3% — amid mounting fears that a recession may be around the corner.
The drop in share prices came as Germany announced its economy contracted during the last quarter and as news emerged of a key economic indicator known as an “inverted yield curve” that has preceded the last seven U.S. recessions.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 23
- Soberon says upcoming Havana conference is a step forward toward strengthening Cuba's links with its nationals abroad
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #23
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10194
- today: 12
- online: 12
- total: 7062808