Sanaa, March 28 (RHC)-- While the U.S.-backed Saudi-led bombing campaign in Yemen is targeting Houthi Shiite rebels, at least 50 civilians have been reported killed. Amnesty International confirmed at least six of the dead were children under 10.
The airstrikes against the impoverished Arab country have drawn condemnation from many countries, including Iran, Iraq and Russia, as well as the Lebanese resistance movement, Hezbollah.
In related news, Yemen’s fugitive president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi has arrived in Egypt to attend the 26th Arab League Summit. Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi personally received Hadi after he arrived at the Egyptian city of Sharm el-Sheikh on Friday. Hadi is set to take part in the two-day summit which will be held Saturday and Sunday and is expected to be focused on the crisis in Yemen. He had flown from the Saudi capital Riyadh after he arrived there on Thursday hours after the Saudi-led airstrikes began.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1671
- online: 228
- total: 4097626