Kabul, September 28 (RHC)-- A huge explosion has taken place in Afghanistan's southern province of Paktika near the border with Pakistan. A bomber on a motorbike on Sunday detonated his explosives at a sports stadium in the east of the province.
Latest reports say at least 10 people have been killed and over a dozen others wounded in the blast. However, the police chief of Paktika says that the number of casualties may rise as the wounded are in a very critical condition. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the bombing.
In a similar incident last year, 57 people were killed and 60 others were injured in Yahya Khel district of the same troubled province after a bomber detonated his explosives among the spectators of a volleyball match.
The militant group is blamed for some of the most deadly terrorist attacks carried out in Afghanistan, including the Indian Embassy bombing, the attack on Serena Hotel and the coordinated attacks on the Justice Ministry complex over the past decade. The group operates on both the Pakistan and Afghan side of the border.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 5456
- online: 263
- total: 8077358