San Juan, December 4 (RHC)-- Puerto Rico has made a $355 million debt payment, even as the governor of the U.S. territory warns Puerto Rico is facing impending default.
There had been speculation that Puerto Rico would default on at least some of the December repayment.
Puerto Rico’s governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla has long warned the U.S. territory is in a "death spiral" and that the staggering $72 billion in debt is "unpayable."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4701
- today: 4598
- online: 135
- total: 6616924