Washington, December 8 (RHC)-- U.S. Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump calls for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims" entering the United States, following last week's mass shooting in California.
In a statement released by his campaign team on Monday, the Islamophobic real estate mogul urged a halt on Muslims entrance to the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
Trump is quoted in the statement as saying that a sizable number of Muslims harbor a "hatred toward Americans' and as a result should be kept out of the country, backing it with a poll by the Center for Security Policy.
"Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that "have no sense of reason or respect for human life."
Trump's comments were made in the wake of last Wednesday's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, which left at least 14 people dead and 21 injured.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 2755
- online: 118
- total: 4844892