Washington, December 8 (RHC)-- U.S. Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump calls for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims" entering the United States, following last week's mass shooting in California.
In a statement released by his campaign team on Monday, the Islamophobic real estate mogul urged a halt on Muslims entrance to the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
Trump is quoted in the statement as saying that a sizable number of Muslims harbor a "hatred toward Americans' and as a result should be kept out of the country, backing it with a poll by the Center for Security Policy.
"Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that "have no sense of reason or respect for human life."
Trump's comments were made in the wake of last Wednesday's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, which left at least 14 people dead and 21 injured.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 2538
- online: 89
- total: 5855885