Damascus, February 22 (RHC)-- At least 83 people have been killed after multiple explosions claimed by Daesh Takfiri terrorists struck a suburban area of the Syrian capital, Damascus.
The blasts on Sunday rocked the Sayeda Zeinab neighborhood of Damascus. According to Syria's official news agency SANA, at least 178 people were also injured in the blasts. SANA quoted local sources as saying that terrorists detonated a car laden with a large quantity of explosives. The bombing was followed by two other blasts after people had gathered at the site of the first explosion.
The Daesh Takfiri group claimed responsibility for the attacks, according to a report from the Amaq news agency, which supports the terrorists.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 2475
- online: 187
- total: 6629867