Quito, Mar 8 (RHC) The Foreign Minister of Ecuador, Guillaume Long, announced a meeting of Latin American and Caribbean oil producers in Quito, Ecuador, this coming Friday, to adopt a common position regarding the upcoming Summit of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).
Long said in a press briefing it is important that countries like Venezuela, Mexico, Ecuador and Colombia adopt a common position to promote measures to increase the price of oil at the OPEC meeting in June in Vienna, Austria.
Ecuador is one of the smallest partners of the Latin America group, and has particularly suffered the effects of the oil price slump on the world market, and the government of President Rafael Correa proposes a five present cut on global oil production to balance prices.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1253
- online: 116
- total: 4839697