Paris, April 15 (RHC)-- Clashes broke out yesterday in Paris as tens of thousands of young people joined demonstrations in the French capital to protest against labor reforms planned by the government.
Labor and student unions as well as leftist parties joined demonstrations against proposed labor reforms near Place de la Republique in the French capital Paris on Thursday.
French riot police deployed tear gas and pepper spray to disperse angry protesters while demonstrators hurled rocks and glass bottles at security forces in the capital. Several arrests were made after violent clashes erupted between riot police and protesters.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4040
- today: 734
- online: 119
- total: 6499194