Santiago de Chile, May 30 (RHC-teleSUR) -- Major cities in Chile have declared an environmental emergency due to bad air quality. The provinces of Santiago, Puente Alto and San Bernardo are among the most affected areas.
Authorities are prohibiting people from burning grass and lighting any wood-burning stoves and other similar products. City authorities have advised people not to practice any outdoor sports, given the pollution levels.
Air quality in Chile has been a major concern in the past decade, as the government has announced new measures to restrict traffic and invest in environmentally friendly energy sources.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3485
- today: 2680
- online: 99
- total: 4465166