Santiago de Chile, May 30 (RHC-teleSUR) -- Major cities in Chile have declared an environmental emergency due to bad air quality. The provinces of Santiago, Puente Alto and San Bernardo are among the most affected areas.
Authorities are prohibiting people from burning grass and lighting any wood-burning stoves and other similar products. City authorities have advised people not to practice any outdoor sports, given the pollution levels.
Air quality in Chile has been a major concern in the past decade, as the government has announced new measures to restrict traffic and invest in environmentally friendly energy sources.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 702
- online: 126
- total: 5030973