Buenos Aires, June 15 (RHC)-- Former soccer star Diego Maradona criticized Argentinean president Mauricio Macri for his austerity measures since taking office, including hundreds of thousands of layoffs.
The famous Barcelona and Napoli forward said: "I hear reports that he vetoes this and that, people can’t fill their pots and millionaires are becoming richer every time, and that to me is treason to our nation."
Macri vetoed a law that would protect workers against layoffs, arguing that it would prevent foreign investments in the country. Maradona said he is “on the opposing side of Macri” and described himself as a “Cristinista,” a reference to former left-wing president, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 2888
- online: 136
- total: 4938794