London, June 23 (RHC)-- Voters across Britain went to the polls today in a historic referendum known as Brexit to decide whether to leave or remain in the European Union. Polls are too close to call in this, the third nationwide referendum in British history.
Today’s vote comes exactly one week after British MP Jo Cox was murdered. She was a vocal advocate for Britain to stay in the EU. During the attack, eyewitnesses said, her alleged assassin, Thomas Mair, shouted "Britain First" -- a possible reference to the far-right, anti-immigrant political party of the same name which is pushing for Britain to leave the European Union.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11159
- today: 2668
- online: 188
- total: 7044198