Caracas, July 13 (RHC-PL) -- The National Bolivarian Armed Forces have taken control of ports, warehouses and industries after the start of a new operation to supply Venezuela with food and other essential products.
According to the Governor of Zulia, Francisco Areas Cardenas, with this plan -- which President Nicolas Maduro has called Great Mission for Sovereign Supply -- product safety will be ensured.
In Zulia, in this first operation, the Armed Forces monitored the arrival of three ships at the Maracaibo port, one with 16.000 tons of food, medicines and hygiene products.
Another ship from Panama arrived in Maracaibo port with 482 containers of hardware items, tires, textiles and electrical appliances.
From Anzoategui state, located some 200 kilometers east of Caracas, the head of the Strategic Region for the Integral Defense, Major General Sergio Rivero said that forces under his command have already begun the inspection of food companies.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 1786
- online: 175
- total: 6652851