Havana, October 8 (RHC)-- The Cuban government has decided to send a specialized medical brigade to Haiti, taking into account the dire effects caused by Hurricane Matthew in the Caribbean nation.
The Cuban newspaper Granma said a 38-strong contingent part of the Henry Reeve International Brigade of Doctors Specialized in Disaster Situations and Serious Epidemics was flying to Haiti this Saturday.
The group will work along some 600 Cuban health professionals currently assisting in Haiti.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3235
- today: 3085
- online: 119
- total: 5427296