Havana, October 8 (RHC)-- The Cuban government has decided to send a specialized medical brigade to Haiti, taking into account the dire effects caused by Hurricane Matthew in the Caribbean nation.
The Cuban newspaper Granma said a 38-strong contingent part of the Henry Reeve International Brigade of Doctors Specialized in Disaster Situations and Serious Epidemics was flying to Haiti this Saturday.
The group will work along some 600 Cuban health professionals currently assisting in Haiti.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 3779
- online: 264
- total: 6764849