Havana, October 10 (RHC)--Cuba celebrates today, the 148th anniversary of the beginning of the independence struggle against Spanish colonialism, on October 10, 1868, when Carlos Manuel de Céspedes, a lawyer and patriot, freed his slaves and invited them to join the fight.
At the time of the 1868 revolutionary uprising, slaves in Cuba were estimated to be close to 70 percent of the general population.
Carlos Manuel de Céspedes is considered the Father of the Cuban nation, and October 10, 1968 the start of Cuba's revolutions for national liberation.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 4087
- online: 112
- total: 4481676